Ceton Echo Unleashes the Entertainment Power from More than 500 Million Windows PCs by Streaming TV Programming and Personal Media Content to Any TV Set in the HomeKIRKLAND, WA – December 3, 2012 – With holiday technology sales in full swing, home theater aficionados are on the search for new gadgets in their quest for home entertainment utopia. Ceton Corp takes them one major step closer today with the launch of the first next-generation Windows Media Center Extender. Compatible with the more than half a billion PCs that have Windows 7 with Media Center, the new Ceton Echo is the only Windows Media Center Extender that will support Android and lets consumers enjoy all their TV channels, DVR recordings and personal media libraries on any TV set in the home.
For home theater fans, the new Ceton Echo improves the way they enjoy TV programming and their personal media around the home. The new Ceton Echo is:
- The Ultimate Media Center Sidekick – Get live and recorded TV, along with movies, music, photos and home video, on any TV set without having to pay for a set-top box from a TV provider.
- The Missing Link to DVR Everywhere – Connected to a PC with a TV tuner such as the Ceton InfiniTV and other brands, the Ceton Echo lets consumers watch and record all their favorite TV shows, including premium cable channels, from any TV set. Echo enables multi-room DVR features such as pausing a show in one room and resume watching in another. With Echos attached to multiple TV sets, family members can even watch different shows in different rooms at the same time, all from one HTPC.
- Echo-Friendly – The Echo’s extremely low power consumption reduces energy bills up to $60 per year simply by replacing the power-hungry DVR box with the small, sleek Ceton Echo.
- Echo-Nomical – In addition to electricity savings, with the Ceton Echo there is no more leasing set-top boxes and paying monthly DVR subscription fees, which can save hundreds of dollars a year.
- A Platform for Apps and Services – supporting the Android operating system means consumers can enjoy an increasingly rich set of capabilities and apps that will be added to the Echo over time. Android is expected to be available on the Echo in the coming weeks as a free software update.
“Media Center enthusiasts know the power of the PC as the ultimate home entertainment center, but unleashing that content for the other TVs around the home has been on their wish list for many years,” said Gary Hammer, president and CEO, Ceton Corp. “Early excitement for the Ceton Echo tells us this is the gift that HTPC users have been waiting for and we’re happy to deliver it today. Used in conjunction with a Windows Media Center TV tuner such as a Ceton InfiniTV, the Ceton Echo brings the incredible HTPC experience, including premium cable channels, to any television in the house.”
The Ceton Echo supports Ceton Companion mobile apps, giving users with Apple iOS, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets the ability to manage and control their Media Center experience from both inside and outside the home.
Pricing and Availability
Amazon.com and Newgg.com are offering the Ceton Echo for $179 and Ceton InfiniTV tuners for $199 today. A special bundle of Ceton Echo and Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe is also available from Amazon.com for $328, a $50 savings. Ceton Companion mobile apps are available from the iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and Barnes & Noble app stores for a special holiday price of $2.99, a 40% savings.
Ceton Corporation is the world leader in digital cable tuner solutions for the PC and is developing the next generation of in-home digital entertainment and communication solutions. Combining stellar hardware and software engineering capabilities with market-making technology, Ceton aims to help unlock the potential of the digital home to unleash a new generation of in-home connected entertainment and communication services. More information about Ceton and its solutions is available at http://www.cetoncorp.com.