- What is included in the box with Echo?
- What do I need to use the Echo?
- When will the Echo support Windows 8?
- Can I use Echo on a WiFi network?
- Can I use a wireless keyboard adapter with Echo?
- I want to use Echo with an older TV that doesn’t have HDMI input or digital audio input. Is that possible?
- Does the Echo work with universal remotes, including Logitech Harmony?
- Does Echo support web browsing and Internet streaming services like Netflix?
- Does the Echo support Media Center Plugins like My Movies and Media Browser?
- Does the Echo support MKV files/containers?
- What codecs and file formats does Echo support?
- What are the Recommended Systems Requirements for the Media Center PC when using Windows Media Center Extenders like the Echo?
- What are the minimum system requirements for using more than 1 InfiniTV device and/or more than 1 extender?
- Ceton Echo
- Remote control (batteries included)
- USB power cable (2 m/6.5 ft.) and adapter (U.S. only)
- HDMI cable (1.5 m/5 ft.)
- Ethernet cable (1.5 m/5 ft.)
- Quick Start Guide
- Display with HDMI input
- Wired Ethernet network
- PC with Microsoft® Windows 7 with Media Center. A PC with a TV tuner is required for TV and DVR features.
Echo product page. If your Windows Media Center PC has been configured to handle the MKV container, and the codecs within the container are also supported by the Echo, it should be possible to play that content back on the Echo.
Echo product page.
What are the Recommended Systems Requirements for the Media Center PC when using Windows Media Center Extenders like the Echo?Recommended Systems Requirements for your Media Center PC will vary depending on how many Extenders you are connecting. This applies to all brands of extenders, whether Ceton Echo, Xbox 360 or earlier-generation extenders:
|1 Extender||2 Extenders||4 Extenders||5 Extenders|
|Operating System||Windows 7 SP1 with Media Center (64-bit)||Windows 7 SP1 with Media Center (64-bit)||Windows 7 SP1 with Media Center (64-bit)||Windows 7 SP1 with Media Center (64-bit)|
|CPU||Dual-core @ 2.7 GHz||Dual-core @ 2.7 GHz||Dual-core @ 3.0 GHz||Quad-core @ 3.0 GHz|
|RAM||3 GB||6 GB||8 GB||12 GB|
|LAN||100 Mbps Ethernet||100 Mbps Ethernet||1000 Mbps Ethernet (GigE)||1000 Mbps Ethernet (GigE)|
|Storage (for 50 hours HDTV)||350 GB||350 GB||350 GB||350 GB|
What are the minimum system requirements for using more than 1 InfiniTV device and/or more than 1 extender?The minimum system requirements change depending on the number of tuners and/or extenders you have connected to your Media Center PC. A properly-configured PC can support a maximum of 12 tuners (e.g. three InfiniTV 4 devices or two InfiniTV 6 devices) and 5 extenders. The table below shows minimum system requirements for Basic, Moderate and Maximum configurations.
|# Tuners||4||6 - 8||10 - 12|
|# Extenders||1 - 2||0 - 3||0 - 5|
|RAM||4 - 6 GB||6 - 8 GB||10 - 12 GB|
|CPU||Dual Core @ 2.5 Ghz||Dual Core @ 3.0 GHz+||Quad Core 2.5 GHz+|
|Intel Core2 or
AMD Athlon 2
|Intel i3 / (Quad) Core2 or
|Intel i5 or
|Low power processors are not
e.g. Intel Atom and AMD Fusion
|Graphics||Nvidia: Geforce 200 series | ATI: HD 4000 Series | Intel: HD4000|
|Hardware video decoding and HDCP support required|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM||7200 RPM||7200 RPM|
|350+ GB recommended for 50 hours of HDTV recording|
|OS||Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 with Media Center (64 bit)|