$100 Price Reduction Brings Cost per Tuner for CableCARD-based Tuners to Never-Before-Seen LevelsKIRKLAND, WA — February 20, 2012 — Ceton Corporation, the world leader in digital cable tuner solutions for the PC, today announced a drop in the suggested retail price for its award-winning InfiniTV 4 PCIe and InfiniTV 4 USB digital cable quad-tuner products to $199.00 in the United States. Effective today, consumers can purchase InfiniTV 4 devices from Amazon, Cannon PC, Fluid Digital, Hard Drives Northwest, Micro Center, Microsoft Store, Newegg and Velocity Micro at the new price, a $100 (33 percent) savings, making an outstanding value even better. The Ceton line of InfiniTV digital cable tuners continues its legacy of delivering the best value and uncompromised quality in the market. A Ceton InfiniTV 4-equipped PC makes exciting new entertainment scenarios possible in the home, including:
- Watching and recording up to four live HD channels at once;
- Streaming live HD channels or recordings to multiple TVs, and making Digital Video Recording (DVR) available on virtually every TV, using Windows Media Center Extenders;
- Enjoying cable TV, Internet TV, music, photos, videos and more, all through one device, with the Media Center experience from Microsoft;
- Eliminating cable set-top boxes, expensive hardware rental fees and DVR “taxes”;
- Sharing individual tuners with other Windows 7-based PCs to enable watching TV programming on PC displays as well as TV sets.